I was absolutely sure that I'll get much more funny errors as I upgrade by office computer to Windows 7. All installations took a day long (because of updates). While installing my default environment triplet Visual Studio 2003-2005-2008, I learnt that VS2003 is no more supported by Windows 7 (and by Vista). Feeling thankful because I do not have to deal with my VS2003 projects recently. Then I tried a VS2005 project and got my beautiful error:

HTTP Error 500.23 - Internal Server Error: An ASP.NET setting has been detected that does not apply in Integrated managed pipeline mode.



After a short research, I've find out that performing the recommendation on page does not break down anything:


  1. Go to IIS 7.5

  2. Expand Sites/Default Web Site

  3. Right click on the application that causes problem and choose "Manage Application/Advanced Settings..."

  4. Change "Application Pool" parameter to "Classic .NET AppPool" and save


With glorious feelings solving this issue, I immediately switched to VS2008 and tried to compile a project and got an error telling about an access problem to somewhere under "Temporary ASP.NET Files" directory. I went to directory and gave access to nearly all users that comes to my mind. This time I get an error saying one of project's dll is inaccesible:



After this point, I cycled through one access problem on "Temporary ASP.NET Files" folder and one access problem on project DLLs. My fight on giving permission and healing lasted about 4-5 hours splitted into two days. I was getting a similar error on browser:



After a long long internet research, the resolution I've found made me feel like I want to cry. All problems are resolved miraculously after setting "Special Permissions" on Microsoft .NET folder under Windows folder for "Users" group.

I feel that I'll live much more funny days with this Windows 7 - Visual Studio double...

Bu yazının Türkçe sürümü bulunmaktadır

Copyright Ali INAL ©2009 - Creative Commons Licence
preload preload preload

Taşındık!


Ali's Surprisingly Web blog'u, artık yeni, güçlü ve daha esnek altyapısıyla yeni adresinden yayın yapıyor. Yeni adresimiz: http://surprisingly.web.tr. Bu eski blog sayfalarındaki bütün içerik, yeni blog altyapısına da taşındı. Arzu ederseniz sizi yeni blog'umda ağırlamak isterim.
Yeni blog'a gitmek istiyorum Bu sayfayı okumak istiyorum

We've Moved!


Ali's Surprisingly Web Blog is now serving from a new, stronger and flexible system with a brand new address. Our new address: http://surprisingly.web.tr. Also we've migrated all old content from this blog to our new blog. If you wish, I want to welcome yo to my new blog.
I want to visit new blog I want to stay and read this page